Karmic Recording Studio will be installing an API 8200 16 channel summing mixer into their mix room this week. I try to shy away from reviewing gear on this blog, but this is a huge upgrade for Karmic and I am excited for them.
Barefoot Recording Studio, which is affiliated with Karmic (think A Room/ B Room) has installed a Neve summing mixer this year also. Everyone is jumping on the whole summing mixer bandwagon is seams. The great thing about Karmics’s API mixer is the variation in tone from the Neve summer. We now have two classic console sounds to choose from in the same building.
For mixes that are in need of a warm, subtle distorted kind of character, the Neve summing mixer will be a great choice. For mixes that need some fast punch, with very clear high end, the API mixer will do the trick.
- Mixing at Sound Design Corporation
- Mobile Record for BET Awards 2015
- Recording Sam Smith Live with Record Plant Remote
- Recording scratch vocals with Genifer Robin at The Buddy Project Recording Studio
- Recording The George Gee Swing Orchestra
- Recording Anacrotes at Seaside Lounge Recording Studio
- Dear Comrade at Studio G Brooklyn
- “Second Youth” by The Teen Age
- Fabricoh Magazine | Indie Music Magazine | Reviews : Xylofaux – Circuitry
- The Craft Of Recording Electric Guitars